Thursday, March 30, 2017

Blog Post 3/30

I have many favorite movies and TV shows that I love that I don't know if I could pick one. If I had to pick a movie I'd pick Clueless or The Help. Clueless is about a 15-year-old girl named Cher living in Beverly Hills, California and what her sophomore year at high school is like. The Help is set in the 1960's during the Civil Rights era. The movie focuses on three main people: Aibileen Clark, Minny Jackson, and Miss Skeeter. Aibileen Clark and Minny Jackson are the colored help for families in Jackson, Mississippi, while Miss Skeeter is a young white college grad who wants to write for a living. These three characters join forces to help fight against the social injustice facing African-Americans in their community through the power of words. Unfortunately I don't have much time to watch TV shows with all the dancing I do, but I totally recommend to watch Downton Abbey. This show is based on the privileged Crawley family in England during the time of the Titanic to 1925. The show follows the outcomes of the choices of not only the Crawley family, but also the maids and butlers of their house, Downton Abbey. The show matches very well to the history of what was actually going on in that era of time and they have great character development for everyone in the show. It is a very good show. I highly recommend you to watch Downton Abbey, Clueless, and The Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment